Sign up to our google calendar:
Product Anon’s 2017 calendar:
Use the calendar above to see the dates for our Thursday evening sessions. Topics to be updated & all RSVPs are done on Meetup.
Below lists the summaries from previous events.
Product Anon’s 2067 calendar:
- Thursday Nov 24th – We heard from Zero Latency, Opaque and Phoria about VR & AR. Thanks to BlueChilli for hosting!
- October – No Product Anon as there’s Leading the Product in Sydney and Melbourne!
- Thursday Sept 15th – Katherine Barrett from carsales.com.au shared her experience with decluttering her life and what that means as a product manager. Elabor8 were our amazing hosts!
- August – No Product Anon as there’s Product Camp Melbourne on the 20th
- Thursday July 21th – Event notes being worked on. Thank you Sportsbet for hosting!
- Wednesday July 20 – SPECIAL EVENT – Tips for Better Presentations – Event for Product Camp prep. Adrienne Tan from Brainmates provided inspiration & tips for those interested in presenting at Product Camp – or anytime you need to present. Thanks Brainmates & Level3 for beer, pizza & hosting.
- Thursday June – Managing Product Managers with Layla Foord & Fiona Moreton – Thanks PageUp for hosting
- Thursday May 19th – Letting Go of Your Product with Suni Stolic of Cogent. Thanks Teamspace & Cogent for hosting!
- Thursday April 14th – Roadmaps – friend or enemy? Thanks to Zendesk for hosting! Summary
- Thursday April 7th – Special event! Mapping Experiences with Jim Kalbach. In coordination with Aconex & UX Design Group of Melbourne. Summary
- Thursday March 17th – API Product Management & ProdMgmt in general – A Googler’s perspective. Thanks to Envato for hosting! Summary of the evening
- Thursday Feb 18th – Using ‘Google design sprints’ to drive innovation. Thanks to ThoughtWorks for hosting! Catchup on the event with our wrap-up post.
Product Anon’s 2015 calendar:
Here’s the dates for our Thursday evening sessions. Topics to be updated & all RSVPs are done on Meetup.
- Thursday Feb 19th – Product Managers are from Pluto/UXers are from Uranus – Product & UX folks from Aconex, Seek, realestate.com.au and MYOB talk about working together, collaboration and where we are the same yet different. Session notes. Thanks to Aconex for hosting!
- Thursday March 19th – Enhance your Communication Skills with Sketching with Rebecca Jackson. Find out how to use visual communication at work & get some practice! Session notes. Thanks to Brainmates for sponsoring!
- Thursday April 16th – How do *YOU* manage products? Redbubble, Envato & Zendesk share how they manage their global products & what product managers really do. Session notes. Thanks to Redbubble for hosting!
- Thursday May 21st – Startup Session: xlabs – what are your users actually paying attention to? Session notes. Thanks to Xero for hosting!
- Thursday June 18th – Innovation at Large companies. Panelists from Sensis, Victorian Government, Tatts Group/AFL talk innovation. Session notes.Thanks to Nintex for hosting.
- Thursday July 18th – 7 things you need to know to work well with Sales. Thanks to Collective Campus for hosting. Session notes
- Saturday August 22th – Product Camp Melbourne (no Product Anonymous this month) Summary of Camp
- Thursday Sept 17th – When should you get serious about hiring product people? (aka Product Management at statups) Session notes Flippa is our host for the evening!
- Thursday October 29th – How to Transform & Optimise Experiences with Leisa Reichelt – Session notes Thanks Aconex for hosting!
- Thursday November 26th – End of Year party. Thank you Versent & Level3 for hosting us!
Product Anon’s 2014 calendar:
- Thursday Jan 23th – Book Club – Discussion on the Heath Brothers’ book, Decisive. Catch up on the session in our series of posts.
- Thursday Jan 30th – Product Mgmt afternoon coffee (or lunch, BYOB) at 1pm at Brunetti’s on Swanston @ Flinders St
- Thursday Feb 20th – Your APIs are so product ready, it hurts! with Jason Cormier of Mashery – Read the session wrap up.
- Thursday Feb 27th – Product Mgmt afternoon coffee (or lunch, BYOB) 2-3pm at Brunetti’s
- Thursday March 20th – The 5 skills for mastering UX with Fox Woods & Matt Magain – Read the session wrap up.
- Thursday March 27th – Product Mgmt afternoon coffee (or lunch, BYOB) 2-3pm
- No events in April due to the Easter & Anzac holidays
- Wednesday May 14th – Jock Busuttil & panel on MVP (more details to come & NEW DATE) Read the session wrap-up
- Thursday May 22nd – Product Mgmt afternoon coffee (or lunch, BYOB)
- Thursday June 19th – Do Customers & Stakeholders *EVER* see eye to eye? Hosted by Mat Vine. Read the session wrap-up.
- Thursday June 26th – Product Mgmt afternoon coffee (or lunch, BYOB)
- Thursday July 24th – Defining your Product (& the benefit of not having much money) Read the wrap-up
- Thursday July 31st – Product Mgmt afternoon coffee (or lunch, BYOB)
- Thursday August 21st – Communicating the Value of Mobile (& an innovation game) wrap-up
- No Coffee in August
- Thursday September 25th – See our wrap-up for Understanding Your Customer through Design Thinking (with Customer Journey Maps)
- No Coffee in September
- Saturday October 4 – Product Camp. No evening #prodanon meeting due to camp.
- Tuesday October 21rd – Product Mgmt coffee – lunchtime!
- Thursday November 20th – Product Anonymous End of the Year party!
- Wednesday November 26th – Product Mgmt coffee (breakfast)
- December – No usual meetings this month! But we do have a special event with Rich Mironov & you can read all about it. Have a great Xmas, Boxing Day, Hanukkah, New Years, Kwanzaa (and if we’ve missed any, may you have a great one!) and a fantastic party season!
Previous events in 2013:
- Thursday Jan 24th – Chris Dahl with ‘Why Product Managers need regular escapes from the daily grind‘.
- Thursday Feb 21st – Jen Leibhart on does being ‘social’ make you a better product manager? Or is it yet another distraction? Join us to talk about the ways you can use social products & strategies to make your product better while being a better product manager.
- Thursday March 21st – Hiring a Product Manager? You don’t want to miss this one!
- Thursday May 2nd – Innovation & Product Management with Theresa Saldanha. (No April meeting due to Anzac Day wknd. Have moved it back a week.) Read our summary of the session.
- Thursday May 30th – New to product management? Or want to get into product? Maybe you hire or mentor new product managers? Come find out how the 1st year went for 1 new PM & pick up some tips for your career change or to help your next hire. Presented by Vaughn Harber. Read our summary of the session.
- Thursday June 20th – The Art of Decision Making for Product Managers presented by Steve Bauer
- Saturday July 20th – Product Camp is July 20th so we’ll skip our meeting but there will be drinks after camp
- Thursday August 22nd – Employing Social Data for Passive Insights with Aaron Wallis
- Thursday Sept 26th – Jen Leibhart talks about Wèishéme (aka Why)
- Thursday October 3rd – Product mgmt afternoon coffee
- Thursday Oct 24th – Human Centred Design Process – The IDEO & Acumen online course
- Thursday Oct 31st – Product Mgmt lunch
- Thursday Nov 21st – We’ll get an early start to the holiday season & do drinks this month. No speaker, just informal chatting over a few.
- Thursday Nov 28th – Product Mgmt afternoon coffee
- December – No meeting this month. Happy Party Season!!
Previous events in 2012:
- Dec – No meeting this month as we’ll all be out having too many year end drinks. See you in 2013!
- Nov 22nd – End of year drinks at the Carlton Hotel Rooftop
- Oct 20th – Product Camp Melbourne! With an entire day to talk about things product & drinks after, we won’t be holding a separate product anonymous meeting this month
- Sept 27th – Managing your customers (facilitated by Liz Blink + group discussion)
- Aug 30th – Using games to understand your market (facilitated by Jen Leibhart + group activity)
- July 26th – How to build your strategy in 15 minutes (presented by Liz Blink + group discussion)
- April 19th – Managing your backlog (group discussion)
- March 15th – Brainmates Product Talk: Communicating Product Management’s value to the C-suite (no prod anonymous meeting this month as there’s the Brainmates event)
- Feb 23rd – IDEO, the shopping cart, innovation & product management (group discussion)
Previous events in 2011:
- November 29th – our inaugural meeting!!!!